What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
Soldiers For Wildlife members that register for www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org and individuals that sign up to receive e-communications voluntarily provide us with contact information (such as name and e-mail address). We may use this information for specific, limited purposes to support the mission of Soldiers for Wildlife. You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future if you do not wish to receive our messages.
Soldiers For Wildlife uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you are particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular.
Please note that if you prefer you can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
How Your Information May Be Used
We use your personal information to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; to process your membership application; etc.
You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us.
We may also use your information to track visitor of our websites. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
Sharing with third parties
The personal information you provide may be transferred to foreign jurisdictions or foreign companies where or with whom Soldiers for Wildlife works or where it has supporters in order to facilitate the smooth operation of processing activity and to host donor information databases, in compliance with the relevant data protection laws applicable in the European Economic Area (EEA), federal laws of the United States and the data privacy laws of California and New York. We have requested or required these companies to keep any personal information you provide confidential and to only use your information in service to Soldiers for Wildlife. In such foreign jurisdictions your personal information may also be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities. Agreeing to these terms means that you agree to the transfer and processing of the data you provide.
Soldiers for Wildlife would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our business associates. By using visiting our website, you agree to have your information used for this purpose, however you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Soldiers for Wildlife from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other associates of Soldiers for Wildlife. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
Soldiers for Wildlife would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. As provided in applicable law, every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed of the type of personal information that is being collected and whether it is being sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to access – You have the right to request from Soldiers for Wildlife, the copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Soldiers for Wildlife correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request for Soldiers for Wildlife to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Soldiers for Wildlife erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Soldiers for Wildlife restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Soldiers for Wildlife processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Soldiers for Wildlife transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt-out of direct marketing – You have the right to prevent your information from being used for direct marketing.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soldiers for Wildlife does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization. We may from time to time partner with other organizations where your email address may be used in conjunction with the partnership.
Soldiers for Wildlife places a priority on protecting your personal information and data privacy. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. We regularly review all security measures and make needed enhancements to ensure the protection of your personal information, which will only be accessible to authorised personnel.
Soldiers for Wildlife cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, notwithstanding that we have put in place safeguards to prevent it. We also advise users to also take precautions when using our site, by, for example, your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.soldiersforwildlife.org and www.sponsporadogforwildlife.org domains, and Soldiers For Wildife is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com.